Monday, September 26, 2016

Every Day in September 2016, #26 - Environments and Habitats - SUBTROPICAL


EDiS – Environments/Habitats - #26 - (for) “Subtropical"
Today's is the last of the prompts for subject matter in tropical biomes - Subtropical. I have chosen to relate all of September's prompts to where I live now, my birth state of Washington. In my mind, things tropical relate heavily to exotic and beautiful fruits and flowers, like mangoes, papayas and orchids. This, then, is a painting of the "beautiful and exotic" fruits and flowers of Washington state - luscious red apples, jewel-tone cherries, juicysweet wine grapes, nectarines, plums, pears, berries. And, nurtured by our temperate weather, "exotic" flowers everywhere -rhododendrons, azaleas, tulips, daffodils, lilies, camellias, and yes, out in the bogs and marshes, even orchids.
And, yep. This was not one of my two hour sketches. I got caught up in this one and it became a full scale painting. A rarity for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment