Thursday, September 15, 2016

Every Day in September 2016, #15 - Environments and Habitats - REEF

EDiS – Environments/Habitats - #15 - “Reef”
Yes, there ARE reefs in the cold ocean waters of Washington State. They're down around Grey's Harbor on the southeast coast. They are not, however, colorful and photogenic. They are quite dull, in fact, by artistic standards. They are built by pedestrian little animals called Glass Sponges who have no interest at all in being picturesque. It is very nice to know they are there, but I am not going to draw them.
Instead my research led me to the San Juan Islands up in the Straits of Juan de Fuca. Here I found Reef Island, and (lucky for me!) it is for sale! According to Private Islands Online (http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/reef-island2) for a mere $5 million dollars I can get a “one-of-a-kind private island comprised of over 17 acres with an original hand carved Haida cabin built by renowned artist, Dudley Carter.” I am starting to save my spare change right now!!



No comments:

Post a Comment