Friday, May 12, 2017

"Whidbey Art Gallery"

I skipped Sketchers today so I could finish this sketch for Tom Hanify for WAG (Whidbey Art Gallery). I don't why he needed a sketch of the interior, but mine is not to question why, mine is but to do or die (doncha know) 
So this is my sketching output for the day. 
On A QUARTER SHEET of 140# WC paper, for heavens's sake. YUGE!! 
But I forgot one of the reasons I don't work this big - one cannot scan one's finished work if one only has an 8 1/2 x 11 1/2 glass on one's scanner (and if one sucks at photographing one's artwork!)
Though quarter sheet is the direction to which I want to head, I may have to rethink the business of imaging. 


2 comments:

  1. Not affiliated but I LOVE my Brother scanner, MFC-J8920DW is the model number it has a 19" x 12" scanner bed it'll do an A3 sheet of paper... just a suggestion for your quarter sheets . I can scan an open 18" wide sketchbook page. I LOVE it. Didn't cost that much more than the 8 1/2 x 11 scanner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine! How nice to hear from you. Thank you for the input and suggestion on thee printer. I guess if i am going to make the best use of time in my new studio space and work larger and looser, i am going to have to either bump up my camera skills or spring for a printer like the one you have to do my imaging. I used to have a Brother fax, and have no less than two Brother sewing machines, so why not? Thanks again.
    Judi

    ReplyDelete