Thursday, May 18, 2017

HERE ARE TWO FOR THE WAG 25TH ANNIVERSARY

Saturday, the 27th, is the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the Whidbey Art Gallery. I finished two more pieces for my wall. The first piece is an old sketch I did a couple of years ago, before the gallery got its facelift. Here it is still wearing its old, kitschy, bright and colorful sign for ART, up on the front of the building. I revamped, reworked, and punched up the sketch with brighter colors, to match the sign. I like the sketch better now, just like I liked the old, funky sign better. But that's just me.
The second image is of a watercolor/pen and ink painting done from a photo of the old letters, made by former WAG member Shirley Ashenbrenner and given by her to Susan Jensen to use in the backyard of her Air BNB.
The letters come with bunnies, for the viewing pleasure of her guests.

"Whidbey Art Gallery in Summer", WC Pen/Ink, 11x14 framed, $125, at the Gallery
"Backyard ART, with Bunnies", WC Pen/Ink, 13x16 framed, $250, at the Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment