Sunday, May 21, 2017

GEORGIA MANSUR workshop in Seattle at DANIEL SMITH ART SUPPLIES

Woo hoo! Two major win/win victories today. First, I drove all the way down into Seattle and back, without incident of any kind, including not getting lost. Major score!
I did this to take a class at the Daniel Smith Mother Ship store with Georgia Mansur, a fabulous water color instructor from Australia!! It was an absolute blast, and I had a very successful experience. 
This resulted in my second win-win of the day - completed TWO paintings, both of which were on half sheets of watercolor paper. Half sheets! For me, that is tantamount to climbing Mount Everest. And those two paintings were done in the time it would normally tale me to do one 1/4 sheet painting.
It was an absolutely great workshop, I learned a ton, tried a bunch of new techniques, and made great new friends. Totally pleased with what I accomplished and the way the whole day went. (Gary Paul Schallock note wild and loose application of paint!! Kathleen McDonald and no black lines!!)

More when (and if) I "complete" the exercises. But, for now, here are the results of the day.


















And here are examples of Georgia's work for reference. 







No comments:

Post a Comment