Tuesday, February 2, 2016

EDiF#2, 2016 - Traveling to BRAZIL


Day Two of my Color-Seeking Tour of the World
I have landed in one of the easiest places on earth for color hunting. I only need to look up into the treetops to discover every hue and shade of bird imaginable. I've chosen a few of the brightest ones to include on my page. Their names are, from top left to bottom right - Green-tailed Jacamar, Toco Toucan, Sun Parakeets (Conures), Scarlet Macaw, Brazilian Tanager, Orange-backed Trouphial, Green-headed Tanager, Blue-cheeked Jacamar and Hyacinth Macaw.
At home, as a member of the Whidbey Island Sketchers group, I am very fortunate to have access to a nearby private tropical bird sanctuary. We often get to sketch and enjoy the resident Scarlet and Hyacinth Macaws, a flock of Conures, several Cockatoos and other colorful birdy residents.




No comments:

Post a Comment