Friday, June 21, 2013

Sketching in Pat's Garden

Whidbey Island Sketchers member Pat Brookes invited us to her garden in Langley to sketch and socialize. It was a lovely day, with the sun peeking through the clouds. This, of course, gave me my now standard Sketcher's Sunburn. I didn't mind, as it was
warm and lovely, there were dozens of singing birds and flowers were blooming everywhere. I didn't want to paint green Green GREEN again, so I went in search of a view that would give me COLOR. I found just the spot, where I could see several different colors of green and yellow, a deep wine and brilliant vermillion Japanese maple, a planter pot with geraniums, some little bright blue blooms and a touch of yellow, and some distant purple iris. Lots of color! And a nifty little birdhouse tucked into the edge of the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment