Wednesday, May 1, 2013

SUNSET BIRDS

When I am sitting here at my computer I look West out through my back window, over the little back deck, and deep into the woods behind me. This time of year, as the sun sinks down, it slants directly in through the trees, sparkling as it sinks past the dark, heavy limbs. Just as it drops behind the trees, the birds take a last cruise across my deck before settling in for the night. Tonight I watched a Stellar Jay, a Black Capped Chickadee, a Junko and an Anna's hummingbird all enjoying the end of the day. Earlier the pair of Flickers were creeping up a fir tree, and, just before dark, there was a whole cloud of swallows, dipping, diving and swooping. Quite a day for the little birds. I'm sure that means the crows, Bald Eagles, and hawks were busy, too. I just didn't see them.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment