Friday, May 3, 2013

SPECTACULAR DAY AT CLINTON BEACH!


What an amazing day! It was Sketcher's Friday and we met down at Clinton Beach Park, at the Ferry dock. The sun was shining brilliantly (my arms, face and lips are burnt.) There was a breeze off the water, the sky was brilliant blue (cobalt, I'd say) and Mt. Baker was gleaming off in the distance over Camano Island.
  There were all kinds of people out enjoying the sun --  lots of kids digging in the sand pile and down on the water's edge.
Some of the group joined the other hardy souls who climbed down among the tangle of driftwood logs on the beach.
I, however, staked out a nice, comfy table and bench on the Park's deck with a killer view of Camano Island and Mt. Baker, the ferry dock and the Cascade Mountains. 
This is where I did my drawing for the day. Notice, I am using my nifty little Mini Paint Kit, the one I made from an Altoid's tin - paint, pencil, brush, eraser, shop towel, extra mixing tray and clip. Too cool for school, m'frends. Tiny water bottle, tiny spritzer, two water pens, my Micron and my book and I am good to go!

 So many birds around today! That little speck with wings above the end of the beach is the bald eagle that circled around over my head all afternoon. There were flocks of crows, seagulls, cormorants, guillemots, and of course, pigeons (surprised to see them with the eagle overhead).
I walked down to see the ferry . . . .

. . . .  left half a sandwich in a box on the table and one of these guys
. . .  or the crows decided that I had left it for them. Dinner (for them, not for me tonight!)
Another great WISkers day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment