Sunday, April 28, 2013

QUICK SKETCHING IN THE COLD

I got a bug yesterday to sketch two flower scenes I had been seeing the last couple of days that I knew weren't going to last, so I ran out at noon to at least get starter sketches going before I froze to death. 

 This "Flower Bed" has captured my heart ever since the gardener in town put it in. I have seen them before and loved them, so I knew I would love this one, as well. The daffodils are starting to droop a little, but it still looks like "spring".
My mom has had this old cement fountain for years, stuck in various locations around her yards. I love it here in its front-drive location. I am especially fond of the way the rhododendron has taken it over. The whole effect is very lush. It looked very sort of "tropical" but the fact that my fingers nearly froze off before I finished attested that I was not in anyplace warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment