Sunday, April 28, 2013

MOM"S ORCHID

Today I went quite crazy and joined a WHOLE BUNCH of "groups" on Flickr, most of them "One-A-Day" groups for sketching and sketch journals. I really feel the need to make myself do at least one GOOD sketch in a journal -- if not every day, then every couple of days. I spent some time looking at work posted on the various groups, and felt pretty encouraged and got some good ideas. My stuff is not so bad, I guess. Probably good solid B+ material compared to others. That's respectable. 


So this is the first one I did specifically as a journal entry, just to try out the styling and "get my feet wet".  I think, after looking at a LOT of really good sketchbook entries, that I am heading in the right direction. Since there are a LOT of people in the groups I joined, hopefully I will get some useful critiques and feedback. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment