Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A COUPLE OF PAINTINGS ABOUT "BLOOMING"

Well, I did a set of paintings to donate to the fundraising effort for the new artCenter @ WICEC, the Whidbey Island Community Art Center. They did an open call for artists' work, using the theme "Blooming" for the dedication (Blooming) of their new center in the old Bayview School. I did two, and true to form, am not happy with either. But, once again, I learned a lot. I hate it when  I am not happy but learn a lot. That is usually very painful. 

 "Bloom of Youth - Lilacs" 
2013

Here a young girl is surrounded by Whidbey Island's lush lilac blossoms


 "Bloom of Youth - Tulips"
2013



Skagit Valley tulips (or Holland, Michigan tulips, or Lansing Botanical Garden tulips - take your pick!)
The format for this exhibit was 12"x12" square, but as soon as I get them back I am going to crop them to this -- 



No comments:

Post a Comment