Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The DC Sketches - November 2017 #6 Sketching at SAAM

I saved the best for last, I guess. After visiting the NGA and seeing the new Vermeer and Genre Painting exhibit, I hiked up to the Smithsonian American Art Museum (in the Portrait Gallery building) to attend the weekly drop-in gathering of artists for drawing and sketching in the Luce Collection. This is the third time I have done this, and it won't be the last! The moderator gave us all the task of either choosing either something architectural to draw, or something from the craft collections. Instead of "either/or", I chose AND - something from architectural (a sculpture of a little River House on an Alabama river by William Christenberry) and a finch "house" from the Nam June Paik archive. 
This is such a welcoming group of artists, having so much fun. I am already planning my next stay in DC to be bookended by Tuesdays, so I can attend TWICE during my stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment