Sunday, January 13, 2013

MAEOW THAI SI NOM THON DREAMS OF A GARDEN

I finished this painting which I started Monday. It should not take almost a week to do a watercolor, but I had to stop and "rescue" it so many times.

To me, as a finished piece, it has so many issues, SO MANY. But as a "process piece", I did learn so many things.  I am torn between starting a totally new piece, and doing this one a second time, using what I learned the first time. I wonder how long I will continue as a "painter" before I quit having these feelings of self doubt. Hmm. 
I love the photo I took of Mae for her "portrait".  There were two images, one full profile - very clear and high definition, and this one, which was not so good, but had a better face pose. Mae sat so still for her photo because there was a big old spider outside the window, way up in the corner. She really wanted to get out there and GIT IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment