Sunday, December 30, 2012

NEW FOR THE "COLOR! COLOR! WALL AT THE GALLERY

I've had a digital image of the canoes piled up on the dock in Coupeville for over a year now. I started two paintings of them, neither of which got finished for one reason or another. We are changing the displays down at the Whidbey Gallery on Wednesday, and our feature wall is going to be "Color! Color!" So this morning I dragged out the photo AGAIN and decided to go for broke, and not quit before it was done. 




This one turned out the best of the three so far, but I am still not 100% happy with it. The scanned colors in this image are a little duller than the finished painting. The colors and composition are okay, but I think the shadows are still bugging me. Or maybe it's that, once again, I have the old overpowering urge to get out the Lami-Pen and the black ink and get crazy with them. Can't seem to shake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment